Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wow, score!

Went to several thrift shops today and restocked my stash... found a plethora of great sweaters. Even managed to find a couple of zipper fronts that will be the basis for my next couple of coats, the most incredible deep aqua blue wool, and a fantastic marled orange brown with a beautiful weave... so I will be busy sewing away the next few weeks.

I also found two little treasures for myself. A great wool plaid shirt jacket that looks to be from the forties and will be so wonderful this fall especially with my wide retro pants, and a great thermal Eddie Bauer shirt - lime green that is the best turtleneck I have ever found. I am still kicking myself for not buying the almost new line green Swedish clogs a couple of weeks ago!

Can't wait to hit the thrift stores on the way up and back when I take my son to school, and also in Milwaukee area.

It is amazing the treasures to be found at Goodwill et al. Happy hunting to all you fellow thrift hunters.

No comments: