Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Some Upcycled Favs and the TCC

There is recycling and then there is RECYCLING!! As I wander through the sellers on Etsy there is the good, the bad, and the ugly, but I am always amazed at the number of us junk collectors and thrift store haunters!

When I was about 8 years old, I was one of the founders of the TCC. That, to those of you who might not have lived on Piper Drive during the late 50s and early 60s, is the Trash Collectors Club. It all started on the day one of the neighbors oldest child left for college, and the Mom purged their room. The curb was alive with treasures which were immediately found by my young friends and me and then dragged to our homes. Why would anyone throw out a perfectly good huge Mexican sombrero? As I remember it, the TCC only managed to stay in existence for one week until the tyrannical mothers of the block banned its existence and made sure we didn't get out until noon on trash days, but it was fun while it lasted.


Here are a few of my upcycled favs from ETSY sellers. 
Things that I recognize as the fruits of the labor of kindred TCC members:
1: Coffee filters upcycled into a lamp by Lampada
2: Boot (but he will use ANYTHING) made into a clock by Imotime
3: Forks now as useful and peace full hooks by JJEvensen
4: Thrift store blouse reincarnated into an elegant clutch by Elegant Green
5: Cowboy boot turned purse by Koop Designs
6: An Ottoman (I am sure it is easy to move when flipped on its side!) by Motomotif

No comments: