Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

Welcome to fall in WI

My dog, Gina, and I walk on the bike trail that runs 20 miles both east and west from our home. Today it was truly fall.
This picture shows the beginnings of the color, but what it can't show is the way the smell has changed from sweet-moist to savory-crisp, how the sun light bathes everything in yellow not white, how the bird sounds have changed from songs and trills to chirps and taps (woodpeckers), and the sight of the squirrels and chipmunks carrying nuts as big as their heads! Makes my mood change from outdoor-active and nomad to indoor-nesting and rooted.
Just thought I would let the rest of you in on a little "up nort'" fall ambiance. BUT lest this get too schmaltzy... I am also stuffed up from the pollen and goldenrod and Gina is covered in burrs!!

1 comment:

Gail Ellspermann said...

I spotted my first autumn leaf change today also! Summer flew by so fast, I'm not ready for fall yet - though it will be beautiful, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing :)