Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The start of it all - coming to a publication near you!

Months ago there was a challenge put forth by Stampington Publications for cuff designs. I had never made any (or worn any) before, but had always found them facinating. Having been recently laid off, I had a lot of time on my hands so I gave it a go. I made three or four and sent them into the challenge. A couple of days ago I found out that one of the designs will be featured in an upcoming publication of Altered Couture!! Here is a preview of the cuff that will be featured.

I am very excited about this opportunity. That first foray into these cuffs started a ball rolling that has lead to my Etsy site featuring not only cuffs, but many other types of reconstructed, repurposed and recycled clothing - and now some wholesale and show opportunities... you just never know where things will lead!

4 comments:

Weathered & Worn said...

yeah!!! Congrats, I sent some cuffs too, but haven't heard if they picked any. I'm going to be in this next issue of Altered Couture, for an antique dress I altered. I love your cuffs.

dogdazzle said...

That's so great!! I'm excited for you!

jane said...

Jill-You are amazing! And the cuffs are, too! I love them! Congratulations on being published. The door is opening wide! xo - Jane

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Dear Jill,
Lovely..lovely is all I can say about your creations. I too love to repurpose discarded sweaters and love creating couture fingerless gloves, scarves and childrens sweaters from my felted finds. I also was a featured apronologist in Stampington's 'Apronology' publication..so I know well what a thrill it was when you found out about your feature. I wish you continued good luck.
your friend,
Janet