Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

How to turn a negative into a positive.

A fellow Etsy seller (and a few other artists) were recently put into a very bad situation. I will not go into detail here, but lets just sum it up by saying it involved copyright infringement, and the scamming of some very well-meaning people. It was the kind of situation that could easily have resulted in lawsuits, and anger of the worst kind. Instead, this group of artists has chosen to turn that energy into the positive support of a very deserving cause. They have started a group, Artists Lending Support, to support the research of ALS. They have a facebook page to which artists who want to make donations can link.
check it out!!
I have listed this sweater on their site, and I will be donating the proceeds from the sale to ALS.net. It can be purchased from my Etsy shop, and I will forward the money to them.

While the cause is deserving, it is the manner that these artists chose to respond to their situation that I have found amazing. Particularly when we are witnessing so much hatred and negativity in politics and elsewhere, to see a group respond with such kindness has been heartwarming. Again, the details are not important, or what they want to focus on, so I do not mean to be coy or mysterious, just take my word for it; The world could use a lot more of this type of attitude and delivery!

The two  charities that this group supports are:

The first one is for research funding:    www.als.net/

The other charity is for individual patient care: www.ccals.org/home.php

No comments: