Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Where all the woman are beautiful and the kids above average!

(as Garrison Keillor would say!)

Not the venue,
just a welcome sign
I saw downtown!
The jill2day road show is at the River Center for the American Craft Council arts and craft show. It is a very well run show and great artists around every corner! It is a very good thing I have little shopping time!

Yes, selling items is the purported purpose of attending these shows, but truth be told, that is about three on my list! the real "first" is the people! I have been lucky enough to meet a few of my Etsy customers (and fellow sellers) at shows I have done.  Add to that the show customers who 'discover' me at shows and the other artisans who become my compatriots in set-up and tear-down dramas and help to pass the hours (and chocolates) during the show.

Yesterday was the first day of the show, and I met groups of mothers and daughters, sisters, and friends out for a day shopping together; Some very interesting couples who are enjoying walking through life together; and many both professional and non-professional artists and craftspeople.
Nancy rocking her new sweater!
Seth and Nancy were one of the couples who entered my booth... you know how some people have sunshine surrounding them? Well this is one of those couples! From Seth's enthusiastic smile and photo taking  (and you can tell from his blog, that is his 'normal' state of mind!), to Nancy's glee at wearing her new sweater, you could tell this is a couple who are enjoying life!

I had better get going, and get to the venue to prepare for another busy and fun day... more tomorrow! 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you only accept communication for orders via Facebook? What if I don't want to join Facebook?