- Never apply chapstick before sanding
- I have learned that if you are not very calm and careful when mixing your dye powders, that it is very easy for some of it to get dispersed into the air. You don't realize till later when you sneeze turquoise or fuschia...
- Never set your refreshment glass next to your brush cleaning bucket when you are in the heat of painting... you either ruin a perfectly good drink or drink a perfectly awful toxic sludge.
- If your hair and the plastic clip in it catches on fire do not use the palms of your hands to put the fire out!
- People will always lift up a doll's dress to see what she's wearing underneath.
- Do not apply gold leaf when you have a cold...
- If it ain't broken don't fix it. If it is broken, don't fix it (there are professionals for that sort of thing).
- Cats, dogs, and unfinished afghans should not be left alone for even 5 minutes.
- It's fun to bang metal REALLY hard with a hammer!
- The scissors are where you left them... but where?
- To respect the apostrophe...a bottle of sewers aid is very different than a bottle of sewer's aid. someone should have told the manufacturers.
- Don't sit on that comfy couch when you know you have lost that crochet hook
- I have learned that it takes 7 minutes to get to the ER, and that the ER uses super glue, of which I have a cheaper supply of at home
- When your spouse bites down on a bead in his food, put away all beads for at least two weeks.
- Never scratch an itchy nose without first putting your needle nose pliers down.
- A drill bit that will go through granite or marble will also go through a thin plastic tub and a dining room floor.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Recently The Etsy Forum had a post asking for people to tell an amusing thing they have learned from their craft - they received 83+ pages of replies! Thought I would save you the trouble of all those hundreds of replies, so I culled out a few of my favorites...Enjoy.
at 7:21 AM