Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Camps of Color


Okay, okay I get it .... today you want color!! I posted two new reconstructed sweaters today - both very colorful and both sold within minutes. I had told my husband this AM that these would either go right away or be in the shop for weeks.

There was a post in the Etsy threads last week about color and which colors sell best. It was agreed that that differ with the product category, but I have seen a trend with my customers.

My customers tend to fall into one of two camps. The first camp is the neutrals. They love the textures and even like patterns, but feel best when surrounded by neutrals of brown, blacks, and grays. They may branch out into an monotone color now and then - all blue, all green, etc, but feel much safer with the textured, classic neutrals.The other camp is ready for color in all its glory. They want bright and aren't afraid to wear it. Bring it on!


The interesting thing to me is that there doesn't seem to be any correlating trend of age or size asscoiated with either camp. All types in both camps. And all I have to say is ...GREAT. One of the reasons the two colorful ones were posted today was that I had just finished a wave of neutrals, and really needed a change of pace. So the variety of demands also means I get to work on a lot of different looks .

I love working on these one-of-a-kind items! No two will ever be alike, because I rarely can find the same sweaters twice. This keeps every item unique and fresh, and assures that sometimes that rare recycled sweater you though would never amount to anything, becomes the star of the day!

shown at left: Spectrum2day and Tweedy2day, both sold very quickly - one to each "color camp"!

1 comment:

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

I love them both...beautiful artistry!!