Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Field Trip to Chicagoland

My buddy and I headed off bright and early this AM to Evanston (just north of downtown Chicago) to visit Vogue Fabrics.

Rooms full of fabric (on sale) awaited us; rows of taffeta, bolts of wool, scads of cottons and home dec fabric by the roomful!

Such fun. This pic is my friend hauling the roll of fabric I bought to make the bags for my garments when I ship them to customers.

The day also included a great greasy burger at the Chitown diner next to the store and a quick stop at a Salvation Army - can't pass one of them up!!

2 comments:

The Journey said...

I love Vogue fabrics! and that diner- I lived there 22 yrs ago. I shopped there with my kids, I promised them a trip to the neat toy store across the way. Used to be a quilt store across way too and a fantastic resale shop at end of the block.
Around the corner was a shop that sold European kids clothing- I'd look and copy.
I miss Evanston.
http://www.handmedownrose.blogspot.com

Weaveron Textile said...

This is alluring work, friend.
to get fabric on demand from weaveron textile.